12/09 LDC First Reading

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Steve Adler

12/09 LDC First Reading

Post by Steve Adler »

At Monday’s meeting:

a. let’s see if we can handle the motel matter first and get that done… I’ve spoken with CM Tovo and there’s some statements that need to get into the record.

b. on LDC:

i. We’ll begin with the base motion…

ii. We’ll then go thru each Council Member’s posted amendments, as if presenting a consent agenda, allowing any proposed amendment to be pulled, with any not pulled being accepted as amendments to the base motion. We’ll start with District 1 and go thru District 10 and then Mayor.

iii. We’ll then go back through the “pulled” amendments, trying to group them into and follow the six areas we used at work session (generally following the Planning Commission process). Considering any amendments to these amendments will be in order.

iv. We’ll create a 7th area for those suggested amendments that are directions that do not amend the code or the map.

v. After we’ve gone through all the previously filed amendments, new amendments can be handed out and we’ll take a recess or otherwise give time for folks to analyze and vet them.

s
Mayor
Steve Adler

Re: 12/09 LDC First Reading

Post by Steve Adler »

Colleagues,

To facilitate today's work, I have posted below an updated version of staff's base motion document and included all amendments posted by Council Members. We have sorted the proposed amendments by the topic areas we have been using.

http://assets.austintexas.gov/austincou ... 80127.docx

If anyone wishes to move their amendment to a different section, they can. Just let me know. We'll reprint and re-post before ten if we get any changes.

S
Mayor