October 8th LDC work session

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Delia Garza

October 8th LDC work session

Post by Delia Garza »

Good morning colleagues,

Since we have limited time before our hard stop at 11:25 at our October 8th special called work session, I wanted to share how I plan to Chair tomorrow’s meeting (the Mayor will be out) so that we can all be prepared.

First, CM Casar will call the Housing Committee to order and will quickly get through the agenda items on his agenda (should take 5 minutes tops). Then I will call the Council Work Session to order and we will start with the staff presentation. I think it would be best (again because of limited time) for staff to get through their presentation with no interruptions. The staff presentation is approximately 50 minutes. In an attempt to make sure CM’s have equal time to ask questions at this meeting, I’m going to take a page from Congressional committees and allot a certain time to each CM for questions. I will divide the remaining time after the staff presentation by 10. Each CM will have that amount of time to ask their questions and this will include staff responses. I’m going to go in the following order going back and forth on the work session dais starting at CM Harper-Madison.

So just as an example, if there are 60 minutes left after the staff presentation, each CM gets 6 minutes to ask questions when it is their turn. Your time includes staff responses.

This will be the order:

CM Harper-Madison
CM Tovo
CM Alter
CM Pool
CM Kitchen
CM Ellis
CM Renteria
CM Flannigan
MPT Garza
CM Casar

Any remaining time left (if we haven’t made it to 11:25), I’ll use to recognize individual follow up questions.

I know that this is a very important topic for all of us. I look forward to the discussion tomorrow and appreciate your understanding of my attempt to give each CM equal time to ask questions.

All my best,

Delia
Mayor Pro Tem, District 2
Paige Ellis

Re: October 8th LDC work session

Post by Paige Ellis »

Thank you, Mayor Pro Tem, for this plan!

I think this is a great way to help us work through tomorrow's work session effectively.

PE
Paige Ellis
City Council District 8
Greg Casar

Post by Greg Casar »

Mayor Pro Tem, thank you for laying out this plan. I think this will work well and I look forward to the discussion.
Gregorio "Greg" Casar
Council Member District 4
Steve Adler

Post by Steve Adler »

I’ll be real interested to learn how this process works. Seems the fairest thing to do given the constraints. I’m sorry I am missing this meeting.

-s
Mayor
Jimmy Flannigan

Post by Jimmy Flannigan »

Sounds like a good plan to me!
Jimmy Flannigan
Council Member, District 6