June 8th Items - 45 & 53

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Alison Alter

June 8th Items - 45 & 53

Post by Alison Alter »

Colleagues,

We have a number of land use related items posted for the June 8th agenda, and I'd like to raise a few questions in advance.

For item 45, I do not read any mention of an affordability requirements. When the Council approved our most recent compatibility changes on corridors, most of the relaxation was conditioned on the provision of onsite affordable housing units. Is this item intended to remove those affordable housing requirements? If so, could the sponsors please provide some rationale for that change? If that is not the intention, would the sponsors consider adding language clarifying this?

For item 53, it would be my preference to see the AISD Interlocal item be ranked in the "high" category.

Thank you,
Alison Alter
Council Member, District 10
Jose Chito Vela

Re: June 8th Items - 45 & 53

Post by Jose Chito Vela »

CM Alter,

My compatibility item makes citywide changes to compatibility not conditioned on any affordability bonus. I just posted on the message board explaining my rationale and look forward to discussing this tomorrow.

Chito Vela