Texas Peace Officers' Memorial Procession Fee Waiver

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Mackenzie Kelly

Texas Peace Officers' Memorial Procession Fee Waiver

Post by Mackenzie Kelly »

Colleagues,

Every year around this time the Texas Peace Officer Memorial Association conducts an event in downtown Austin to honor fallen officers. This event brings community members together from around the state to share stories, honor the profession, and support each other. This time is also valuable for the community to come together in recognition of the service that police officers give during their time of duty.

This year, I am sponsoring a waiver of fees needed for the Texas Peace Officer Memorial that was held on April 20th, 2023. This item is on our May 18th Council agenda. I would like to thank my co-sponsors Mayor Watson, Council Member Alison Alter, and Council Member Jose Velasquez for their support.

Here is a link to the item: https://www.austintexas.gov/department/ ... eg.htm#042

Additionally, if you would like to be added as a co-sponsor in support of this item, please post a reply here. I am happy to inform you all that last year this same waiver passed unanimously with full council support.

Thank you for your consideration. I'm looking forward to the full support from the council of our fallen officers.

Warm Regards,

-mk
Council Member, District 6