Denver Declaration - Sign On

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Atha Phillips

Denver Declaration - Sign On

Post by Atha Phillips »

Colleagues,

As many of you know, the City of Denver, in partnership with the U.S. Department of State, will host the City Summit of the Americas with the goal of demonstrating that city and community leaders are driving innovative solutions to so many of our global challenges.

As part of the Summit, a declaration is proposed that promotes the key principles they intend to highlight throughout the Summit. This declaration will represent how leaders plan to pursue innovative housing policies and sustainable development, and how to work on climate migration and equitable economic development.

I have been asked to sign on to this document and wanted to share the invitation with fellow council members and the mayor. In reviewing the declaration, I found that many if not all the statements align with our council goals and community ideals.

I hope that you will join me in this declaration of shared values and in our commitment to elevate the voices of cities and regional governments as we strive together to reach our collective goals.

Sorry for the short notice, but please respond to this post by tomorrow if you would like to have your name included.

http://assets.austintexas.gov/austincou ... 153740.pdf

Best,
Leslie

On behalf of Council Member Leslie Pool
Senior Policy Advisor
Office of Council Member Leslie Pool, District 7
Paige Ellis

Re: Denver Declaration - Sign On

Post by Paige Ellis »

CM Pool -

Thank you for the invitation to sign onto this letter. Please ask them to add my name.

Paige Ellis
Paige Ellis
City Council District 8
Alison Alter

Post by Alison Alter »

Council Member Pool, thank you for bringing this to our attention. I also would like my name added as a signatory.

Regards,
Alison Alter
Council Member, District 10
Leslie Pool

Post by Leslie Pool »

got it! and thanks so much, MPT Ellis and CM A Alter! Everyone, please do let me or Atha know if you'd like your names/titles added to the official declaration of concern and intent around resilience and sustainability. The Cities Summit of the Americas is the first-ever convening of parties from the North and South American continents. It's goal is to promote regional cooperation, convening subnational leaders from across the entire Western Hemisphere with diverse and inclusive representatives of government, civil society, business, academia, youth, culture and the arts, and indigenous and underrepresented groups.

I would love to have each of you part of a strong City of Austin showing!

The City is recognized as a leader in these efforts - so much good work is being done - and it's inspiring to be invited to join a determined effort within the larger America, both North and South, well beyond our Central Texas home.

Best,

Leslie
Leslie Pool
Mayor Pro Tem
Council Member, District 7
Jose Chito Vela

Post by Jose Chito Vela »

CM Pool,

Thank you for your work in promoting Austin's leadership among cities and taking the time to include us in this initiative. I also see many of the key principles and values of our City and Council included. I would be grateful if my name and title can be included.

Saludos,
Chito
Leslie Pool

Post by Leslie Pool »

thanks to everyone! We have 10 signatories now to this important international declaration!

My staff is teeing up a press release to issue next week once the document is officially presented in Denver at the Cities Summit.

I sure do appreciate all y'all, and grateful to be able to carry our message of hope and purpose onto this larger stage with all of you.

Best,

Leslie
Leslie Pool
Mayor Pro Tem
Council Member, District 7