Micro-mobility Resolution Discussion

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Mackenzie Kelly

Micro-mobility Resolution Discussion

Post by Mackenzie Kelly »

Colleagues,

As I mentioned during today's council meeting, I plan to present a version of my micro-mobility resolution at the upcoming Austin City Council meeting on April 20th, 2023. As someone who is deeply invested in making our city more accessible, efficient, and safe, I believe that micro-mobility has the potential to revolutionize the way we move around Austin.

However, I also recognize that this is a complex issue that requires input and feedback from the whole council. That's why I'm inviting you to share your thoughts, concerns, and suggestions about my resolution in this message board post.

Additionally, for those in my sub-quorum, my staff sent out a calendar invitation after reviewing when everyone was available. This meeting also will include city staff and stakeholders, who will be available to answer any questions.

Your feedback will be used to possibly draft version 3 of my resolution, which will be publicly posted before the April 20th, 2023 Austin City Council meeting. This will give council members and other stakeholders a chance to review and consider potential amendments to the resolution.

For your consideration, here you'll find version 2, the current iteration: https://services.austintexas.gov/edims/ ... ?id=404536

I am committed to working with all of you to create a micro-mobility direction for the city manager that benefits everyone in our community. So please, take a moment to share your thoughts and help shape the future of micro-mobility in Austin.

Thank you for your time and your input.

Sincerely,

mk
Council Member, District 6
Mackenzie Kelly

Re: Micro-mobility Resolution Discussion

Post by Mackenzie Kelly »

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to take this opportunity to express my utmost gratitude to Mayor Watson, Council Member Qadri, Council Member Vela, and Council Member Pool for their collaboration on my micro-mobility resolution, which was scheduled for the upcoming April 20th council meeting.

I'm grateful to share that we were able to achieve the desired outcome of my resolution thanks to productive discussions with stakeholders and the Austin Transportation Department(ATD). Therefore, I have decided to withdraw the item from the meeting on the 20th of April. This change will be reflected in the changes and corrections for that session.

Furthermore, I would like you to review a memorandum that I've given to the Interim City Manager that expresses my sincere appreciation for his exceptional work with ATD regarding micro-mobility and additional transportation options in Austin: http://assets.austintexas.gov/austincou ... 174947.pdf

As our city continues to grow and expand, I am deeply grateful for the ongoing efforts of ATD and I appreciate their collaboration with my office. I look forward to future discussions in the Mobility Committee and on the council dais, as we continue to focus on transportation needs which are vital aspects of life in Austin.

Once again, thank you all for your input on this important topic. Your support has been invaluable.

Warm regards,

-mk
Council Member, District 6