Joint Sustainability Committee appointment

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Steve Adler

Joint Sustainability Committee appointment

Post by Steve Adler »

Colleagues,

I wanted to share information about an appointment to the Joint Sustainability Committee (JSC) for the December 1st Council meeting.

Five new seats were added to the JSC in response to Resolution 20210930-110. At their committee meeting to review these bylaw amendments, the Audit and Finance Committee recommended that my office post JSC nominees to the message board two weeks in advance of the Council meeting to approve them.

One of my five nominees withdrew their name before nominations were approved. Four nominees were approved on the November 3rd Council meeting.

With these considerations in mind, I am nominating Christopher Campbell to join the Joint Sustainability Committee.

Mr. Campbell is an environmental scientist with 12 years of environmental consulting experience and formerly volunteered on the Transportation Electrification team for the City of Austin Climate Equity Plan.

I’ve asked the Clerk’s Office to share the nominee’s resume with Council and staff.

-S
Mayor