Resolution Committing AntiDisplacement Funding

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Ann Kitchen

Resolution Committing AntiDisplacement Funding

Post by Ann Kitchen »

Colleagues

I want to thank the Project Community Community Advisory Committee (CAC) for their continued advocacy and commitment to implementation of the Contract with the Voters $300 million investment in anti-displacement.

And let my colleagues know that I am bringing a resolution to take action on the CAC passed resolution to immediately commit Year 1 and Year 2 funding, (the CAC resolution is in your in-boxes):
- Land acquisition and affordable housing ($23 million as directed in the resolution the Council passed last year)
- Housing development assistance programs ($21 million), and
-The notice of funding availability based on anti-displacement priorities, the Contract with the Voters, and data-informed mapping of areas along the Project Connect high capacity transit corridors ($20 million).

In Years 1 and 2 of the program, $65 million has been made available to address the potential for transit induced anti-displacement. As we did last year with the first available funding - it is timely to direct immediate action on the second year of funding.

It is also critical that additional community engagement occur in line with the Contract with the Voters direction to develop neighborhood level strategies to address anti-displacement. The priorities and solutions to anti-displacement are different in the neighborhoods impacted and should align with the ideas of people living in these neighborhoods.

I also want to thank staff for their continued commitment and efforts to address anti-displacement, implement the Contract with the Voters anti-displacement commitment, and development of the Anti-Displacement Tool.

Best
Ann Kitchen
City Council D5
Ann Kitchen
Council Member District 5
Leslie Pool

Re: Resolution Committing AntiDisplacement Funding

Post by Leslie Pool »

morning, all! I'd like to add my name as a co-sponsor to the CAC resolution you're initiating, CM Kitchen.

Thanks so much,

Leslie
Leslie Pool
Mayor Pro Tem
Council Member, District 7
Kathie Tovo

Post by Kathie Tovo »

Council Member Kitchen:

Thank you for bringing forward this important resolution. I would like to co-sponsor.

Best,

Kathie Tovo
Council District 9
Vanessa Fuentes

Post by Vanessa Fuentes »

Thank you for your leadership on this, CM Kitchen.

I'd also like to co-sponsor this resolution.

Yours in community,
Vanessa
Council Member, District 2