Austin Energy Utility Oversight Committee meeting

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Atha Phillips

Austin Energy Utility Oversight Committee meeting

Post by Atha Phillips »

On behalf of Mayor Pro Tem Leslie Pool:

Colleagues,

Tomorrow morning, we will convene a brief Austin Energy Utility Oversight Committee at 9 a.m. The primary topics for discussion are an update on AE’s Resource Generation Plan and a follow-up on Emergency Customer Communications. Tomorrow’s meeting will only include a brief update on these topics from General Manager Kahn for two reasons:

• The EUC Resource Generation Plan Working Group is still finalizing its recommendations which AE needs to review for their recommendations to Council, and
• AE sent a written memo to Mayor and Council last week responding to questions on Customer Communications received from Council at the December AEUOC meeting.

I met with members of the Resource Generation Workgroup last Friday and they updated me on the work being done. From our discussion, I understand they expect their recommendations to be complete in the near future, and in time to present them to the EUC at its February 12th meeting. That then leads to the Resource Generation Plan being presented to Council at the AEUOC meeting on Feb 27th with formal Council consideration on Feb 29th.

Once the reports and recommendations are available, I encourage you all to submit any questions you may have to staff directly in advance of our meetings at the end of February.

Leslie
Senior Policy Advisor
Office of Council Member Leslie Pool, District 7