Officer Involved Shooting

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Colleen Pate

Officer Involved Shooting

Post by Colleen Pate »

Council Members:

I’m sorry to start your day this way. At approximately 4:10 this morning, we had an Officer involved shooting in South Austin. One of our SWAT Officers is dead. Another Officer was shot and is in surgery at Dell Seton Medical Center.

There were two deceased people found in the house, as I currently understand it. The suspect was shot and was deceased at the scene.
I will keep you up to date.

Kirk
On behalf of Mayor Watson
Chief of Staff, Mayor Watson's Office
Mackenzie Kelly

Re: Officer Involved Shooting

Post by Mackenzie Kelly »

Colleagues,

My heart goes out to the families of the officers who have been affected by the devastating events that unfolded today. The unwavering dedication and sacrifice they made in their service to the community will always be remembered and deeply valued.

Mayor Watson, I want to express my heartfelt gratitude for your continuous efforts in keeping us informed during this incredibly challenging and sorrowful time.

Warm Regards,

mk
Council Member, District 6
Paige Ellis

Post by Paige Ellis »

Thank you for updating us on this tragic event, Mayor.

I echo CM Kelly’s sentiments and will keep the officers’ families and colleagues in my thoughts during this time.
Paige Ellis
City Council District 8
Alison Alter

Post by Alison Alter »

My thoughts are with the families and colleagues of the two officers who were tragically shot in the line of service this morning, and I am hoping for a full recovery for the officer still in surgery.

I am deeply grateful for their courage and their service to our community.

Thank you Mayor for keeping us updated.

With gratitude,
Alison Alter
Council Member, District 10
Leslie Pool

Post by Leslie Pool »

My heart aches for the family of our fallen officer this morning, and I send my prayers for the wounded officer’s swift recovery. APD officers and leaders, first responders and their families, and those affected by the violence have my strong support as we respond collectively to this tragedy.

Thank you, Mayor, for the early notice about the loss of life this morning, and for keeping us all informed.

Leslie
Leslie Pool
Mayor Pro Tem
Council Member, District 7