Suspension of DPS Partnership

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Colleen Pate

Suspension of DPS Partnership

Post by Colleen Pate »

Council Members:

This morning, I consulted with the City Manager and we agreed the City needs to suspend the DPS partnership because of serious activity in the last few days that doesn’t correspond with Austin’s values. This statement has been released.

https://mailchi.mp/austintexas.gov/city ... 7dc8510dcb

I appreciate everyone’s commitment to public safety and your efforts in that regard. We will continue to work together to protect all of our constituents.

Thank you.

Kirk

Posted on behalf of Mayor Watson
Chief of Staff, Mayor Watson's Office
Mackenzie Kelly

Re: Suspension of DPS Partnership

Post by Mackenzie Kelly »

Colleagues,

Today, I hand-delivered a memo to Interim City Manager Garza, urging for transparency and accountability regarding the suspension of the DPS-APD partnership. This memo highlights the importance of open communication and ensuring that decisions align with the best interests and safety of our community. I encourage you all to take a moment to read the memo, which can be found here: http://assets.austintexas.gov/austincou ... 141739.pdf

In these challenging times, it is crucial that we maintain transparency and foster a sense of trust among our constituents. By actively engaging in this discussion, we can work towards better governance and decision-making processes that reflect the needs of our community. Your input and support are invaluable, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this matter.

Let's continue to prioritize the well-being and safety of our community. Together, we can make a positive impact and ensure that our actions align with the principles of transparency, accountability, and public trust.

Warm Regards,

mk
Council Member, District 6