City Manager Search Process

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Colleen Pate

City Manager Search Process

Post by Colleen Pate »

Council Members:

As I promised, I am taking the steps to begin the search process for a permanent city manager. I committed that we would start in the June/July timeframe.

I have asked Mayor Pro Tem Ellis and Council Members Pool, Vela and Fuentes to serve as a sub quorum/committee to help with the initial process.

I have been working on a draft RFP for a search firm. It is close to complete (from my perspective) and I will ask the committee to give input. The goal is for the City to issue the RFP by the end of June or early July. Issuance of an RFP does not require council action. I will assure the whole council sees the draft that the committee likes by putting it on the message board so that you may comment before the final RFP is issued.

The goal will be for the committee to narrow the field to a few search firms that will then be brought to the full council for review and selection. I hope we accomplish the selection of a firm in the July-August time frame and the firm can begin its work.

Thanks for your attention to this important matter. I appreciate your work.

Kirk

On behalf of Mayor Watson
Chief of Staff, Mayor Watson's Office