Special Called Public Safety Committee Meeting

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Colleen Pate

Special Called Public Safety Committee Meeting

Post by Colleen Pate »

Council,

Our Work Session today was very productive and informative. Thanks for all the good questions.

I recognize that there are unanswered questions, a desire from Council to hear from the Department of Public Safety, and the need to stay up to date on this partnership. For these reasons, I’m calling a Special Called Meeting of the Public Safety Committee on May 22nd at 10am. It will be held in City Council Chambers.

At this Special Called Meeting, we will have the opportunity to hear from Chief Chacon and leadership from the Department of Public Safety.

You will continue to receive written reports as information and data increases.

Let me know if you have questions by replying to this post.

Thank you,
Kirk

On behalf of Mayor Watson
Chief of Staff, Mayor Watson's Office
Jose Velasquez

Re: Special Called Public Safety Committee Meeting

Post by Jose Velasquez »

Thank you, Mayor Watson, for submitting a formal request for a briefing at a May 22nd Special Called Meeting. However, my community feels targeted and deserves answers sooner rather than later. With that said, I would like to formally request a briefing from both APD and DPS leadership at our next work session on May 2nd. I believe this date gives ample time to both agencies to provide us with responses to the questions we brought forth today, including gathering the data that we requested.

Thank you,
Council Member José Velásquez
Council Member, District 3
Colleen Pate

Re: Special Called Public Safety Committee Meeting

Post by Colleen Pate »

Council Member,
After our telephone conversation, I took immediate action so this requested briefing will be on the Work Session agenda on May 2nd. I appreciate your sense of urgency.

We will keep the Special Called Meeting of the Public Safety Committee on May 22nd so that we can have continued briefings on this important topic.

Thank you,
Kirk

On behalf of Mayor Watson
Chief of Staff, Mayor Watson's Office