eTOD policy plan

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Leslie Pool

eTOD policy plan

Post by Leslie Pool »

Colleagues, I want to thank Housing & Planning Director Rosie Truelove and her staff for providing the summary memo of the eTOD Policy Plan earlier today, and for joining Project Connect Mobility Officer Annick Beaudet at the work session to answer our questions about the plan.

The memo points out very clearly what the eTOD Policy Plan does – and does not – do and will assist all of us in addressing questions from our constituents who need more information. Here is a link to the memo: https://services.austintexas.gov/edims/ ... ?id=404051

I will be providing the summary memo to constituents who have contacted my office with their questions and concerns. I have also submitted a few remaining questions to the council Q&A that were not addressed in the memo so that all of us may have those responses by Thursday.

As was made clear in the work session, we are very much in the early planning stages; I look forward to our staff continuing work over the coming months to craft an implementation plan, set broad goals, and build a framework for community engagement around station planning. I also support staff’s intention to clarify the plan’s accompanying resolution that prioritizes funding rail projects. Funding improvements to increase ridership on the MetroRapid lines is also a critical investment, and those should continue as an important service while we focus resources on rail projects.

I look forward to hearing from community members on Thursday, and to our discussion.

Best,

Leslie
Leslie Pool
Mayor Pro Tem
Council Member, District 7
Ryan Alter

Re: eTOD policy plan

Post by Ryan Alter »

Colleagues,
Following the productive work session discussion regarding the opportunity to capture value along station areas as a part of the ETOD implementation plan, I am proposing a small amendment to item 16. I want to recognize CM Alison Alter’s comments about the opportunities presented by a TIRZ and I hope you join me in supporting this amendment that explicitly highlights that tool.

http://assets.austintexas.gov/austincou ... 152101.pdf

-Ryan
Council Member, District 5
Julie Montgomery

Post by Julie Montgomery »

On behalf of MPT Ellis, please find a motion sheet related to Oak Hill Planning, as discussed at work session, below:

http://assets.austintexas.gov/austincou ... 091347.pdf
Chief of Staff
Office of Mayor Pro Tem Paige Ellis, District 8
Ryan Alter

Post by Ryan Alter »

Good morning colleagues,
After seeing Councilmember Vela's amendment to the ETOD resolution, I am happy to rescind my proposed amendment. My intent was to ensure that value capture tools including TIF/TIRZ are included in the planning process, and I look forward to supporting CM Vela's amendment.
Best,
Ryan
Council Member, District 5