Joint Sustainability Committee appointments

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Steve Adler

Joint Sustainability Committee appointments

Post by Steve Adler »

Colleagues,

I wanted to share information about appointments to the Joint Sustainability Committee (JSC) for the November 3rd Council meeting.

Five new seats were added to the JSC in response to Resolution 20210930-110. At their committee meeting to review these bylaw amendments, the Audit and Finance Committee recommended that my office post JSC nominees to the message board two weeks in advance of the Council meeting to approve them.

With these considerations in mind, I am nominating the following five individuals to join the Joint Sustainability Committee:

Jose Rodrigo Leal
Yureisly Suarez
Pilar Rendon, MS, RD
Dr. Anna Scott
Dr. Heather Houser

Mr. Rodrigo Leal is the Climate Change and Sustainability Services Manager for Ernst & Young and is a former research analyst for the City of Austin’s Office of Sustainability.
Ms. Suarez is the Senior Building Performance and Sustainability Analyst at ICON Technologies and the former Sustainable Building Advisor at Perkins and Will.
Ms. Rendon is a bilingual registered dietitian and a cultivator at Farmshare Austin.
Dr. Scott is a co-founder and Senior Advisor of Project Canary, PBC and the CEO and co-founder of Troposphere Monitoring, Inc.
Dr. Houser is a Professor of English at UT Austin, Faculty Mentor for the Climate Leaders Program at UT Austin, and a former member of the Transportation and Land Use advisory group for the Austin Climate Equity Plan.

I’ve asked the Clerk’s Office to share the nominees’ resumes with macstaffdl@austintexas.gov.

-S
Mayor