Austin Water Oversight Committee of Council

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Steve Adler

Austin Water Oversight Committee of Council

Post by Steve Adler »

Colleagues,

In June, Council voted to create an Austin Water Oversight Committee of Council. Per the new ordinance, The Austin Water Oversight Committee may review issues related to the City’s water utility, including mission, scope, and responsibilities of relevant advisory commissions and task forces, strategic plans, major capital purchases or transactions, and financial policies and the financial status of the utility.

At the August 6 Work Session, there will be a discussion item regarding the membership of this committee. After membership is determined, I will (in consultation with Council) designate a chair and a vice chair for this new Committee. (Council Committee Ordinance can be found here - https://library.municode.com/tx/austin/ ... O_ART5COCO)

If you are interested in serving on this Committee, please respond here on the message board.

-s
Mayor
April Brown

Re: Austin Water Oversight Committee of Council

Post by April Brown »

Please see the message below posted on behalf of Council Member Alter.

Colleagues,

As the lead sponsor of the item to establish this committee, I’d like to reaffirm my desire to serve in some capacity on this body. As I plan to continue to serve as the Chair of the Audit and Finance Committee, I’d be particularly interested in serving in the role of Vice-Chair of the Austin Water Oversight Committee.

Regards,
Alison Alter
Communications and Outreach Coordinator
Leslie Pool

Post by Leslie Pool »

Mayor, thanks for the prompt about the new Water Oversight Committee and also much appreciation for CM Alter's work to constitute this new oversight entity. I would like to reaffirm my interest in serving on the new committee. I'm vice chair of Audit & Finance and AE Oversight and, as I do not currently chair a council committee, I would be interested in and willing to take on this leadership position.

Regards,

Leslie
Leslie Pool
Mayor Pro Tem
Council Member, District 7
Paige Ellis

Post by Paige Ellis »

Colleagues -

I am also excited about the opportunity to serve on this committee, if council agrees. I have not yet had the opportunity to serve as Chair of a committee and am interested in entering this discussion next week. I am glad that we are able to move forward with a committee as important as this one will be for the future of Austin Water.

Thanks!
Paige Ellis
Paige Ellis
City Council District 8
Ann Kitchen

Post by Ann Kitchen »

All

I would appreciate the opportunity to participate. I was a member of the first committee that addressed water issues, and would like to continue as a member of that committee.

Thank you to CM Ellis for offering to chair and to CM Alter for bringing forward the creation of the Committee, and to CM Alter and Pool for their interest in participating.

Best Regards
Ann Kitchen
City Council
Ann Kitchen
Council Member District 5
Ann Kitchen

Post by Ann Kitchen »

All

I also want to thank CM Pool for her offer to serve as Chair and CM Alter for her offer to serve as Vice Chair. I look forward to this Committee getting up and running.

Best Regards
Ann Kitchen
Ann Kitchen
Council Member District 5