Parks and impacts of events

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Kathie Tovo

Parks and impacts of events

Post by Kathie Tovo »

Colleagues,
As referenced in this weekend's article about the use of public parks, a past Council resolution asked staff to explore with stakeholders the impacts that events have on our most highly used public parks and the neighborhoods which surround them. I will be bringing forward a resolution on the 2/26 agenda to reinvigorate this process of assessing the impact of events on our public parks.
Council District 9
Leslie Pool

Re: Parks and impacts of events

Post by Leslie Pool »

CM Tovo, I would like to work with you on this resolution. Thanks.

Leslie
Chair, Open Space, Environment & Sustainability Cmte
Leslie Pool
Mayor Pro Tem
Council Member, District 7
Ann Kitchen

Post by Ann Kitchen »

I would also
Ann Kitchen
Council Member District 5
Ellen Troxclair

Post by Ellen Troxclair »

Thank you, Mayor Pro Tem Tovo for bringing this forward. I would also like to work with you on this issue. Since Zilker Park is in District 8, I have been meeting with constituents, with city staff, and researching this issue as well. In addition to the the impact of events on our parks and surrounding neighborhoods, I am hoping to compile related information, like how many days per year our busiest parks are open to the public, how many events are free to attend versus require tickets, etc. Thank you!
Ellen Troxclair
Council Member District 8
Ann Kitchen

Post by Ann Kitchen »

Thanks Ellen. I have been meeting also, since District 5 represents the neighborhoods on the east side of the park. There's a number of our districts that touch on Zilker Park and LadyBird Lake

I appreciate the chance for us all to work together on this important issue!
Ann Kitchen
Council Member District 5