Items 42 & 55 - 5/19 Council Meeting Agenda

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Greg Casar

Items 42 & 55 - 5/19 Council Meeting Agenda

Post by Greg Casar »

Council Members,

As you know, I am traveling and won’t be in attendance at tomorrow’s Council Meeting.

As a cosponsor of Item 42 and a supporter of significantly increased funding for the City’s Housing Trust Fund by utilizing new tax revenue from formerly un-taxed property, I respectfully request that we allow this conversation to occur at the committee level. This item is already scheduled for the Planning & Neighborhoods Committee meeting next week on May 24 and for the Housing & Community Development Committee meeting on June 6, and I believe that the community will benefit from a thorough conversation on major increases to our commitment to affordable housing.

Also, I’d like to share with you that at this time I do not support the alcohol waiver for Torchy’s on South Congress near Fulmore Middle School (Item 55). I understand that the applicant has requested a postponement, however I also understand that this item has been postponed in the past.

Ultimately, I leave it up to the Council’s judgement about whether you take up these items up at this week's meeting.

Thank you,
Greg
Gregorio "Greg" Casar
Council Member District 4