Moving Date of Austin Energy Meeting

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Sheri Gallo

Moving Date of Austin Energy Meeting

Post by Sheri Gallo »

Colleagues,

I wanted to gather your thoughts/concerns on possibly moving the Austin Energy Council Committee meeting one day earlier from the morning of the 28th to Wednesday the 27th at 1:00pm. Based on our City Council agenda schedule for that Thursday, I think it would be helpful to be able to start the City Council meeting at 10 o'clock instead of waiting until the afternoon when Austin Energy Committee would be finished. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you,

-Sheri Gallo
Sheri Gallo, Council Member District 10
Tina Cannon

Re: Moving Date of Austin Energy Meeting

Post by Tina Cannon »

It appears there is also an Open Spaces Committee meeting set for the afternoon of the 27th. Given that, would Council consider an Austin Energy Committee meeting on the 25th from 10am-1pm?
Senior Policy Advisor
Office of Council Member Gallo, District 10
Leslie Pool

Post by Leslie Pool »

hi Sheri, thanks for asking ... Audit & Finance meets the morning of Jan 27, 9 a.m. to noon. As Tina notes, the Open Space Cmte meets at 2 p.m. later that day. Both those meetings are "fourth Wednesday" committees. Are you interested in shifting AE meetings away from a Thursday entirely - maybe not a bad idea! - as a way to ensure Council meetings aren't also set for those days?
Leslie Pool
Mayor Pro Tem
Council Member, District 7
Kathie Tovo

Post by Kathie Tovo »

Happy New Year colleagues!

January 25 works well for me.

thanks,
Kathie Tovo
Council District 9
Ann Kitchen

Post by Ann Kitchen »

CM Garza and I have a CapMetro Board Meeting the afternoon of January 25th - noon to 3pm.

I do agree that moving the AE Committee meeting away from January 28th would be best. Thank you for thinking ahead!
Ann Kitchen
Council Member District 5
Tina Cannon

Post by Tina Cannon »

Thank you for the reminder CM Kitchen. We will be posting for the AE Committee meeting for Jan 25th with a 9am start time. Hopefully, that will allow time for you and CM Garza to attend both meetings.
Senior Policy Advisor
Office of Council Member Gallo, District 10