Transportation Needs

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Christopher Hutchins

Transportation Needs

Post by Christopher Hutchins »

Attention Council Offices.

I thought I had already submitted something like this an hour ago but it hasn't shown up...so, apologies if this shows up twice.

CM Houston requests another 30 days to conduct public outreach regarding the 1/4 cent fund identification of district needs. She feels there hasn't been adequate time to conduct constituent outreach and receive input from the neighborhoods.
As well, for some time we've had a Town Hall focused on Transportation and Public Works scheduled for October 17th from 10am to noon at the Doris Miller Auditorium in Rosewood Park.

Again CM Houston asks for another 30 days so that the neighborhoods can have their meetings this month in October, since we received notice in early-mid September, to discuss and identify their transportation needs.

Council Offices, your input is welcomed and encouraged on this post.

Thanks.
Policy Aide
Office of Ora Houston, District 1
Christopher Hutchins

Re: Transportation Needs (1/4 cent fund?)

Post by Christopher Hutchins »

Just to clear something up for the public. It has been indicated to me the using the phrase "1/4 cent fund" is actually insider language:

In short, the 1/4 cent fund is a fund that was created with Capital Metro a while back, started about 2000 and ended 2004, to generate revenue for transportation improvements.That is, approved projects. Not just day-today budget expenditures. There is approximately $21,200,000 leftover and that is to be divided between the 10 districts for transportation improvements.

It is for that reason we would like some more time to conduct proper public outreach.
Policy Aide
Office of Ora Houston, District 1