where resolutions go to die...

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Christopher Hutchins

where resolutions go to die...

Post by Christopher Hutchins »

In recent weeks, my staff or I have met with reps from community based organizations bringing resolutions that were pending in 2014 before the former council. What procedures or processes are in place to monitor such items or do we have a mechanism to determine the number or scope of these pending actions before the former council?
Our new council committees need to follow up on these pending proposals. We'll be getting in touch with the Clerk's office to help us with tracking.
Policy Aide
Office of Ora Houston, District 1
Kathie Tovo

Re: where resolutions go to die...

Post by Kathie Tovo »

Christopher:

Are the resolutions to which you refer items that came before the Council and were postponed or passed but not implemented? Or do you mean those proposed resolutions that community members may have suggested to Council Members but for which they did not obtain sponsors?

thanks --

Best,

Kathie Tovo
Mayor Pro Tem
Council Member District 9
Council District 9
Christopher Hutchins

Post by Christopher Hutchins »

I would like to note that the initial message came directly from Council Member Houston and I neglected to sign out with her designation.

To answer your question: I believe they were resolutions or proposals that were in queue to be brought before Council by community members and in some cases by the commissions.
Policy Aide
Office of Ora Houston, District 1
Leslie Pool

Post by Leslie Pool »

all, CM Houston (via Christopher!) raises a great question; a few months back my office asked staff to provide all of us with a list of Council resolutions that are unfulfilled or in process - staff shorthand for this is CUIR. We did receive some information at one point, but am pretty sure more was promised or planned. I'll resubmit the request and make sure it's sent via email to everyone.

Thanks.
Leslie Pool
Mayor Pro Tem
Council Member, District 7
Amy Smith (D7)

Post by Amy Smith (D7) »

A status report on approved Council resolutions has since been provided to Council Members by staff. Thank you, Valerie Harris.
http://assets.austintexas.gov/austincou ... 142102.pdf

Amy Smith
Policy Advisor
Office of Leslie Pool, District 7