Budget Worksession Meeting Location

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Steve Adler

Budget Worksession Meeting Location

Post by Steve Adler »

I will be calling our remaining budget work sessions for either council chambers or the boards and commission room. If any of the Council wants to use this bulletin board to indicate their preference, please let me know. (I already know the preference of Gallo, Pool and Renteria.) I’ll then post where we’ll be for the next budget work session on Wednesday.

s
Mayor
Christopher Hutchins

Re: Budget Worksession Meeting Location

Post by Christopher Hutchins »

CM Houston says she likes the Boards and Commissions Room because everyone's able to see everyone else when they're talking to each other, but that as it gets bigger it'll be better to move on into the chambers because it'll just get so packed. She also said that overall her feeling is neutral on the matter.
Policy Aide
Office of Ora Houston, District 1
Kathie Tovo

Re: Budget Worksession Meeting Location

Post by Kathie Tovo »

I prefer boards and commissions for the reasons CM Houston notes above -- it's easier and more conducive to talking among ourselves and the staff.

Given that we have large and bullky budget materials, I would suggest arranging the tables so that we can attach an additional one on the east and west side arms of the horseshoe and create more space.

Best,

Kathie Tovo
Council District 9