Multi-Ethnic Chamber Contracts & the Regional Economic Equity Development (REED) plan - items 9-12

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Alison Alter

Multi-Ethnic Chamber Contracts & the Regional Economic Equity Development (REED) plan - items 9-12

Post by Alison Alter »

Dear Colleagues,

I am pleased to approve items 9-12 on tomorrow’s agenda. Together, they represent over a year of work by each of the four Multi-Ethnic Chambers (Austin LGBT Chamber, Greater Austin Asian Chamber, Greater Austin Black Chamber, and the Greater Austin Hispanic Chamber of Commerce) and City staff to envision a more meaningful way for the City to partner with these organizations, and for the chambers to partner with each other.

I’ve worked closely with these Chambers to encourage this next step of collaboration and innovation, and I look forward to the implementation of the Regional Economic Equity Development (REED) plan, which will bolster economic opportunity for the businesses and communities supported by the new Diversity and Ethnic Chamber Alliance (DECA).

Read more about the REED plan here: https://www.austintexas.gov/edims/docum ... ?id=378444

Regards,
MPT Alison Alter
Council Member, District 10