Transgender Youth and Family Safety Day

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Steve Adler

Transgender Youth and Family Safety Day

Post by Steve Adler »

Colleagues,

Please join me, Judge Brown, and advocates on Wednesday, March 9th at 9am on the front steps of City Hall. Judge Brown will be sharing the proclamation the commissioner’s court passed on Tuesday. I will be reading a proclamation on our behalf in support of trans youth, families, and the LGBTQIA+ community. Our city’s leadership has a long history of standing in solidarity with our LGBTQIA+ community, including Council action to lobby against anti-LGBTQIA+ bills at the Texas Legislature that would diminish the city’s ability to protect civil rights, threaten our welcoming business environment and tarnish our status as an inclusive community. I invite you to join me in standing in solidarity with our LGBTQIA+ community and its allies. (This will be noticed as a meeting so there will be no quorum issues.)

S
Mayor
Paige Ellis

Re: Transgender Youth and Family Safety Day

Post by Paige Ellis »

Thank you, Mayor Adler. I plan to attend in solidarity with our Austin/Travis County LGBTQIA+ residents, visitors, and advocates.

Paige Ellis
Paige Ellis
City Council District 8