Independent review of AW

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Alison Alter

Independent review of AW

Post by Alison Alter »

Colleagues,

I share in the frustration that many in the public have expressed about the most recent boil water notice and the frequency of these events. While I appreciate the efforts our staff are making to restore water and distribute assistance, our community expects and deserves better.

I’ve already told the City Manager that I believe we need an external audit to address what happened this weekend and the pattern of water quality challenges we have experienced over recent years.

To that end, I will be posting my resolution calling for an external audit to be conducted to examine our most recent incidents and identify appropriate protocol, operational, investment and other changes and actions.

I have already spoken with CM Tovo and CM Fuentes (Austin Water Oversight Chair) and they are joining me as co-sponsors. Please let me know if you would like to co-sponsor this resolution.

Regards,
Alison Alter
Council Member, District 10
Leslie Pool

Re: Independent review of AW

Post by Leslie Pool »

MPT Alter, I agree that an independent, external audit of what happened is a good plan, for sure. Thanks, and I would like to co-sponsor the resolution that you and CM Fuentes are working on.

Best,

Leslie
Leslie Pool
Mayor Pro Tem
Council Member, District 7
Paige Ellis

Post by Paige Ellis »

CM Alter -

Thank you for proposing this independent review. I would like to be added as a cosponsor.

Paige Ellis
Paige Ellis
City Council District 8
Mackenzie Kelly

Post by Mackenzie Kelly »

CM Alter,

Thank you for your leadership on this. I would like to be added as a co-sponsor to this item. I am interested in several aspects of this resolution, including but not limited to the fiscal impact, timeline, and execution. My hope is that an external audit of Austin Water will help us better serve the City of Austin.

Warm Regards,

-mk
Council Member, District 6