Domestic Violence Awareness Month

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Louisa Brinsmade

Domestic Violence Awareness Month

Post by Louisa Brinsmade »

On behalf of Council Member Pool, I am posting the following notice about the proclamation event tomorrow morning.

Hello colleagues,

I am excited to present a proclamation in recognition of Domestic Violence Awareness Month tomorrow morning, and I am extending an invitation to all of you to attend this presentation. The presentations of the proclamations will begin tomorrow at 9:30am in the Boards and Commissions Room at City Hall. The presentation of the Domestic Violence Awareness Month is the second among a total of five total proclamations.

Stephanie Burgess, Victim Services Supervisor at the Austin Police Department will be accepting the proclamation. Several community partners will be joining the event as well and providing a few words, including the following:

• SAFE - Julia Spann, Co-CEO
• National Domestic Violence Hotline - Crystal Justice, Chief External Affairs Officer
• Honorable Judge Dimple Malhotra
• Honorable Judge Aurora Martinez Jones
• Austin Public Health, Office of Violence Prevention

Finally, I encourage you all to wear purple tomorrow in honor of Domestic Violence Awareness Month.

Thank you for your support, and I hope to see you at tomorrow’s presentation!

Leslie
Chief of Staff
Office of Mayor Pro Tem Leslie Pool, District 7