Invitation to Join I-35 Letter to TXDoT

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Steve Adler

Invitation to Join I-35 Letter to TXDoT

Post by Steve Adler »

Colleagues,
The revisioning of I-35 is a once-in-a-generation opportunity for our community and it is paramount that we see a design that improves safety, stitches our divided community back together, and supports both our mobility and mode shift goals. While any project of this size and importance is expected to be disruptive, the design and construction needs to maintain a narrow footprint and minimize displacement of homes and businesses. We need to see Austin’s community values and goals reflected in these design alternatives and we are not there yet.

I would like to thank everyone for participating in the August 31st Council worksession and for raising several important issues about the current I-35 alternatives and project as a whole. As I committed to do at that worksession, I have drafted a letter and incorporated your comments. I would also like to recognize the community stakeholders for their tireless advocacy and sharing their ideas, suggestions, and concerns on this project. Finally, thank you to Mayor ProTem Harper-Madison and Councilmembers Ellis, Tovo and Casar for your collaboration with my office on drafting this letter.

We would like other councilmembers to join us and sign onto this letter. We ask that you please indicate your desire to do so by 4pm today via this message board thread.

http://assets.austintexas.gov/austincou ... 125824.pdf

All the best,
S
Mayor
Alison Alter

Re: Invitation to Join I-35 Letter to TXDoT

Post by Alison Alter »

Mayor Adler and colleagues, thank you for drafting this letter which I believe captures many of my concerns well. I would like to be added as a signatory.

Regards,
Alison Alter
Council Member, District 10
Jessica Coronado

Post by Jessica Coronado »

On behalf of Council Member Fuentes -

Mayor, Mayor Pro Tem, and Colleagues:

Thank you for drafting this letter. Please add me as a signatory.

Yours in community,
Vanessa
Chief of Staff, Council District 2
Steve Adler

Post by Steve Adler »

Colleagues,

Attached please find the final letter sent to TxDOT providing comments on the current I-35 alternatives that were released August 10th.

http://assets.austintexas.gov/austincou ... 134629.pdf

S
Mayor