Homeless Strategy Office Budget

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Steve Adler

Homeless Strategy Office Budget

Post by Steve Adler »

Colleagues,
As we look forward to our work sessions and final budget adoption next week, I look forward to working with each of you and with city staff on the many priorities that the Council has outlined. While this is a challenging budget cycle for many reasons, it is my hope and expectation that we can find funding for key investments for our community at this critical time. I intend to offer an amendment for our Homeless Strategy Office, which is being asked to take on an even larger role of service coordination, community outreach, and contract oversight. Adding staff to this office will help us leverage our existing as well as anticipated investments and best execute the goals set out by the Community Summit to Address Unsheltered Homelessness.

-S
Mayor
Ann Kitchen

Re: Homeless Strategy Office Budget

Post by Ann Kitchen »

Mayor

Thank you for posting this. As I mentioned on Tuesday at Worksession, my office has been working on a budget amendment that addresses funding for the Homeless Strategy Office. As you mention, this office needs to be fully staffed at a level that enables our Homeless Strategy Officer to be successful.

I look forward to working together on this important effort.

Best
Ann Kitchen
City Council D5
Ann Kitchen
Council Member District 5