Item # 114: Austin Sunshine Run Fee Waiver

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Nici Huff (D9)

Item # 114: Austin Sunshine Run Fee Waiver

Post by Nici Huff (D9) »

Good afternoon,

CM Tovo is sponsoring a fee waiver for the Austin Sunshine Camp’s Run on 8/29/21. Mayor Adler, MPT Harper Madison, CM Ellis, and CM Kitchen are co-sponsors. The total amount of Austin Transportation Department fees for this event is $7053.36. This item waives or reimburses $1750 in ATD fees, leaving a total of $5303.36 in fees that haven’t been waived or reimbursed for this event. If any other Council Members would like to contribute to this fee waiver, CM Tovo invites you to do so at tomorrow’s Council meeting.

Austin Sunshine Camp is a local, non-profit and their mission is to engage and empower youth through education and outdoor experiences. Since 1928, Austin Sunshine Camp provides free, fun filled overnight summer camp programs for the children of the Greater Austin area. All summer camp programs are provided free of charge for all campers who meet the free or reduced school meals income eligibility guidelines or campers who are in foster care. In the summer, campers gather for five days and four nights of exciting, in-person outdoor activities including canoeing, hiking, swimming, science, nature, cooking, arts & crafts, ropes course, and team building activities. The camp is located inside Zilker Park and serves campers 8-14 years of age.

https://sunshinecamps.org

Thanks,
Nici Huff
Office of Kathie Tovo, District 9
Thanks,
Nici Huff
Alison Alter

Re: Item # 114: Austin Sunshine Run Fee Waiver

Post by Alison Alter »

CM Tovo, I would be happy to contribute $500 towards the waiver for the Austin Sunshine Run.

Regards,
Alison Alter
Council Member, District 10
Nici Huff (D9)

Post by Nici Huff (D9) »

Apologies for my typo in the first sentence of my message board post. Should read:
CM Tovo is sponsoring a fee waiver for the Austin Sunshine Camp’s Run on 7/29/21.

On behalf of CM Tovo:

Thank you for your contribution of $500, CM Alter.
Thanks,
Nici Huff
Leslie Pool

Post by Leslie Pool »

Nici, please let CM Tovo know that I would be glad to assist, and will commit $500 to defraying the costs for the event.

Best,

Leslie
Leslie Pool
Mayor Pro Tem
Council Member, District 7