Continuing our work session discussion on homelessness

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Steve Adler

Continuing our work session discussion on homelessness

Post by Steve Adler »

Colleagues,
Our work session discussion yesterday regarding homelessness was productive, but it was apparent that we needed more time to discuss the topic. There was some discussion of holding a Special Called Meeting regarding ARPA funding (housing 3,000+ people) and our response to Prop B (emergency shelter opportunities), but I believe that these may reasonably be discussed by the Council on Thursday. Homelessness policy and funding are germane to Item numbers 13, 28, and 73 on the Council Agenda this week, and would allow a discussion of the overall context in which those three items exist. I am planning to pull these three items from the consent agenda for discussion on Thursday and I have asked City Staff to be prepared to answer additional questions from the Council.

In addition, City Staff is prepared to do a special called meeting on Monday 6/7 at 1pm, if needed. We can decide tomorrow whether or not to post this meeting.

S
Mayor
Mackenzie Kelly

Re: Continuing our work session discussion on homelessness

Post by Mackenzie Kelly »

Colleagues,

As I'll be off the dais tomorrow, I support moving forward with the special called meeting on Monday afternoon at 1PM so I can be part of this important discussion.

Warm Regards,

-MK
Council Member, District 6