Citizen Charter Review Commission

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Leslie Pool

Citizen Charter Review Commission

Post by Leslie Pool »

Colleagues, just a quick note here to advise that I have been working with our legal staff on an IFC to convene a Citizens Charter Review Commission. The commission would be appointed sometime this year with the November 2024 ballot as the target for public vote. An important element is ensuring there's sufficient time for the work of the group, including inclusive and robust public outreach, communication and feedback on any proposals.

I welcome your input, and if you're interested in joining as a co-sponsor, please so advise. I look forward to this work.

Leslie
Leslie Pool
Mayor Pro Tem
Council Member, District 7
Leslie Pool

Re: Citizen Charter Review Commission

Post by Leslie Pool »

posting error - November 2022 is the target date for the proposed Charter Review Commission ballot, not 2024.
Leslie Pool
Mayor Pro Tem
Leslie Pool

Post by Leslie Pool »

I should be posting here when I'm fully focused, and not while a rainstorm is threatening to flood my kitchen.
Given that we're now in 2021, the two-year period required between charter petitions puts us in 2023.
Leslie Pool
Mayor Pro Tem
Mackenzie Kelly

Post by Mackenzie Kelly »

Council Member Pool and Colleagues,

After reading your post regarding your formation of a Citizen's Review Commission for the November 2022 ballot, I have decided I would like to join your effort as a co-sponsor. Any time that an elected body is able to both encourage and garner input regarding government activity is a welcomed addition to our day-to-day activities.

I, too, look forward to this work and the findings of the Commission.

Warm Regards,

-MK
Council Member, District 6