RE: Mobility-related Positions

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Steve Adler

RE: Mobility-related Positions

Post by Steve Adler »

Colleagues:

After consulting with Councilmember Kitchen, below are some mobility-related appointments and designations that I would suggest or nominate for Council’s future consideration:

Council Member Pool to replace Mayor Pro Tem Garza on the Capital Metro Board of Directors.

Council Member Kitchen to maintain her position on both the CAMPO Transportation Policy Board and the Capital Metro Board of Directors.

Council Member Ellis to replace me on the CAMPO Transportation Policy Board and also to assume the Chair of our Council Mobility Committee.

Mayor Adler to replace Council Member Ellis as the Council’s designated voting alternate on the CAMPO Transportation Policy Board.

Mayor Adler to serve in the City Council position on the Austin Transit Partnership (ATP) Board of Directors for Project Connect.

-s
Mayor
Greg Casar

Re: RE: Mobility-related Positions

Post by Greg Casar »

Thank you, Mayor, for these suggestions. I support this plan.
-Greg
Gregorio "Greg" Casar
Council Member District 4
Leslie Pool

Post by Leslie Pool »

All, I'm looking forward to the chance to join Cap Metro’s Board of Directors to work more closely with their leadership and professional staff on Austin's transportation system.

There are many reasons for me to take on this new assignment:
- The resolutions I passed to identify funding for rail stations at the soccer stadium at McKalla Place and the new Broadmoor development, replacing the Kramer Lane station with two transit stops in key centers of activity.
- Existing and future bus routes running through central and north Austin, routes vital to moving folks around town.
- District 7 voters provided strong support for Project Connect, and significant work on Project Connect's Phase 1 will be in D7.
- Cap Metro is swiftly moving to all-electric buses, and the new electric bus charging yard (old Serta warehouse) is just off Burnet Road north of 183 in D7.

Like a lot of Austinites, I'm a bus commuter (not as much these days as in the past), regularly riding the 3 and 19 downtown, then preferring the 803 when that route was established, and wishing the bike racks could hold more than two bikes when my homeward ride up N Lamar in August was too darn hot for me and bus air conditioning too tempting to resist.

Thanks to the Mayor and CM Kitchen for pulling this plan together, and for CM Casar's support. We have significant work ahead and the community has high expectations. I'm honored to be continuing my public service into the new year and a new term on Council.

Best,

Leslie
Leslie Pool
Mayor Pro Tem
Council Member, District 7
Ann Kitchen

Post by Ann Kitchen »

Thank you all -

I support this approach and am looking forward to working with CM Pool on the CapMetro Board and with CM Ellis as Chair of the Mobility Committee. They have both been leaders on transit and transportation related issues over their time on Council. I appreciate their willingness to continue their leadership in these ways.

Best
Ann Kitchen
City Council D5
Ann Kitchen
Council Member District 5
Ann Kitchen

Post by Ann Kitchen »

Hi All

I want to also thank the Mayor for his willingness to help our community launch Project Connect on the ATP Board. This is a transformative effort for our community and his leadership on that Board is much appreciated.

I also appreciate CM Ellis joining us on the CAMPO Board. She has been participating with our efforts as an alternate over the past few years, and we welcome her participation on the Board. We will also have the advantage of the Mayor's continued participation as he joins us as an alternate on our CAMPO Team.

Thanks all!

Ann Kitchen
City Council D5
Ann Kitchen
Council Member District 5
Paige Ellis

Post by Paige Ellis »

Thank you, Mayor Adler and CMs Kitchen, Casar, and Pool -

I have appreciated being involved in the discussions for CAMPO as an alternate and am ready to step up into an official role, especially with the Mayor staying on in an alternate capacity.

I’ve also been energized by our collective work on the Mobility Committee. I am eager to get to work on what lies ahead for Propositions A & B implementation, ASMP goals, Healthy Streets, Vision Zero, and mobility metrics identified in Strategic Direction 2023.

I also support the Mayor as our appointee to the ATP, and I think CM Pool will do great work with CapMetro.

Thanks!
Paige Ellis
Paige Ellis
City Council District 8