2021 Council Meeting Calendar

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Steve Adler

2021 Council Meeting Calendar

Post by Steve Adler »

Colleagues,

I would like to offer an amendment to the 2021 Council Meeting Calendar (posted as item 76 on the addendum for 10/15).

The amendment is to change the first Council meeting from Jan 21 to Jan 27. My understanding is that staff is ok with this change.

This means the Work Session would be on MONDAY, Jan 25 and the Council Meeting would be on WEDNESDAY, Jan 27.

Here is why:
- Each year US Conference of Mayors falls the week we usually have the first Council meeting
- The following Thursday also usually has an important training for the Clerk’s office
- We have run into this same conflict several times, and it appears that this will continue to happen if we follow our “normal” schedule
- Moving the meeting to Monday and Wednesday allows us to have the meetings after USCM but before the Clerk’s office training.
- I propose that we make this change for 2021 and consider something like this each year to avoid this conflict.

-s
Mayor
Leslie Pool

Re: 2021 Council Meeting Calendar

Post by Leslie Pool »

Mayor, I had wondered about that January date, too, and that proposed change looks good to me. The balance of the year seems to flow well, otherwise.

Thanks to the Clerk for assembling the calendar.

Leslie
Leslie Pool
Mayor Pro Tem
Council Member, District 7
Louisa Brinsmade

Re: 2021 Council Meeting Calendar

Post by Louisa Brinsmade »

On behalf of CM Pool:

Just a quick note to amend the direction of my thanks to the Agenda Office for assembling the calendar.

Leslie
Chief of Staff
Office of Mayor Pro Tem Leslie Pool, District 7