IFC for 09/03

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Steve Adler

IFC for 09/03

Post by Steve Adler »

Colleagues:

Council took a historic step for mobility and equity in our community when it called for an election to fund the Project Connect rapid transit system and included an unprecedented investment in transit-supportive affordable housing and anti-displacement efforts as part of the transit program.

It would be helpful if Council would reiterate and clarify its intent outlined in the Contract with the Voters adopted by Council.

The Mayor Pro Tem, Council Members Kitchen, Harper-Madison, and Flannigan and I are placing a resolution on the Council September 3rd agenda to accomplish this, which should be included with the Meeting Addendum tomorrow.

Below are the resolved clauses for this proposed resolution and if any of our colleagues support passage, it would be appreciated if you would indicate that support by replying to this post.

NOW, THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED
The Council hereby expresses its intent to work with impacted neighborhoods in the creation of neighborhood-level anti-displacement strategies and priorities and the identification of Key Performance Indicators related to equity and displacement, that shall be tracked and included as part the publicly available performance dashboard; and

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED
The Council hereby expresses its intent to work with impacted neighborhoods to establish triggers for each Key Performance Indicator that, if reached, would automatically result in a posted discussion item and opportunity for public comment on the agenda of the next City Council work session or meeting or appropriate Council Committee meeting in order to discuss the status of equity and anti-displacement strategies associated with Project Connect.

s
Mayor
Ann Kitchen

Re: IFC for 09/03

Post by Ann Kitchen »

Thank you Mayor and to all of Council for their unanimous support for unprecedented investment in transit-supportive affordable housing and anti-displacement efforts as part of the transit program and our vote on the Contract with the Voters for Project Connect

This resolution helps clarify the intent we agreed upon to work with community in the creation of neighborhood-level anti-displacement strategies and priorities. That includes the identification of Key Performance Indicators and the opportunity to present to City Council on performance

I invite our colleagues to co-sponsor this item with us. Thanks for everyone's passion and commitment to equity, including within our transportation infrastructure.

Best
Ann Kitchen
City Council D5
Ann Kitchen
Council Member District 5
Leslie Pool

Re: IFC for 09/03

Post by Leslie Pool »

Mayor and all, thanks for bringing additional clarification stating that the Council intends to consult with and include neighborhoods along Project Connect routes as the City develops its anti-displacement strategies and priorities. I have not wavered at all from my firm support for City policies that protect existing neighborhoods from gentrification and displacement.

I also support setting Key Performance Indicators related to equity and displacement so we can track and measure progress or change. The indicators could be included in a publicly available performance dashboard.

I support bringing this additional guidance and would like to be shown as a co-sponsor.

Thanks so much.

Leslie
Leslie Pool
Mayor Pro Tem
Council Member, District 7