Item 90 - July 29th Agenda

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Alison Alter

Item 90 - July 29th Agenda

Post by Alison Alter »

Dear Council Member Ellis and colleagues,

I'd like to make what I hope will be considered a friendly amendment to item #90.

The Austin Strategic Mobility Plan makes reference to the Neighborhood Partnering Program as an implementation strategy (page 291 of the ASMP).

My amendment would be to add the following language / bullet to the list of measures in the first be it resolved

• Neighborhood Partnering Program: Active transportation mobility projects that leverage community-led partnerships

Our Neighborhood Partnership Program is a longstanding tool that has been successfully used throughout our city for a variety of projects, including active transportation projects. This program allows us to leverage community fundraising and volunteer contributions to further our strategic mobility goals. In the past, the Neighborhood Partnership Program has been funded using general funds as well as bond dollars, and I think it would be useful for us to consider this program for funding in this opportunity.

Please let me know if you consider this friendly.

Regards,
Alison Alter
Council Member, District 10
Paige Ellis

Re: Item 90 - July 29th Agenda

Post by Paige Ellis »

Thank you for this suggestion, Council Member Alter. The Neighborhood Partnering Program is indeed a great way for residents to partner with the City to make improvements within their own neighborhoods. Westcreek in District 8 has had a big success with this program in creating a mini greenbelt so that children now have a safer path to walk to school. I am working on incorporating your amendment as well as CM Flannigan’s proposed language into a revised version.

Thanks!
Paige Ellis
Paige Ellis
City Council District 8
Julie Montgomery

Post by Julie Montgomery »

On behalf of CM Ellis, please find below a red-lined version 2 of Item 90, which incorporates the proposed amendments from CM Flannigan and CM Alter:

http://assets.austintexas.gov/austincou ... 91557.docx

When the Legal-formatted version is available, we will post that as well.
Chief of Staff
Office of Mayor Pro Tem Paige Ellis, District 8
Julie Montgomery

Post by Julie Montgomery »

Here is the Legal-formatted version 2 of Item 90:
http://assets.austintexas.gov/austincou ... 122841.pdf

CM Ellis appreciates her colleagues' support for this item today and looks forward to the work ahead.
Chief of Staff
Office of Mayor Pro Tem Paige Ellis, District 8