Senior Well Checks

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Ann Kitchen

Senior Well Checks

Post by Ann Kitchen »

Colleagues

I wanted to provide an update and a bit more detail than what I said on the dais at the Council meeting. My office is creating an outreach program to provide well-check calls for seniors in District 5. We are learning from the work that CM Flannigan mentioned with Rep Bucy and are coordinating with Tabitha Taylor, the city's Age Friendly Program Coordinator and our Senior Commission appointee, Janee Briesmaister.

Through this coordination we intend to avoid any duplication and focus on seniors in our district in most need of assistance. Many of our citizens are suffering and in need of assistance. Seniors living at home may be particularly vulnerable and we want to help by reaching out, listening, and connecting them to help when there is a need.

If you are interested in learning more about how we are approaching this work - please feel free to contact Donna Tiemann, my Chief of Staff. We are happy to share what we learn.

Best Regards
Ann Kitchen
City Council D5
Ann Kitchen
Council Member District 5