Invitation, this Friday

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Ann Kitchen

Invitation, this Friday

Post by Ann Kitchen »

You Are Invited!
2015 People's Gallery Opening
Showcasing District 5 Artists from Thornton Road Studios

Dear Councilmembers,

I wanted to personally invite you to my office to enjoy the work of District 5's very own, Thornton Road Studios.

I hope that you will join us on February 25th 6:00-9:00 pm at City Hall for the Opening Reception of the City of Austin's 2015 People's Gallery and a special showing of local District 5 artwork. Artists from Thornton Road Studios, in District 5 near the intersection of Oltorf and South Lamar, are displaying their work in our offices.

I am opening my office for a reception as part of this wonderful event. We look forward to seeing you!

Sincerely,

Council Member Ann Kitchen
Ann Kitchen
Council Member District 5
Leslie Pool

Re: Invitation, this Friday

Post by Leslie Pool »

CM Kitchen - thanks! and I'll stop by to see the fab art from D5. I have a start on art in my office, too .... come by to see! It's a piece called Ascension that is a print of an original Don Edelman work. My dear friends, Connie & Shawn Malone, went to great effort to get the print and have it framed, and I'm so pleased that it's first piece on the walls of the D7 office. Here's what Connie wrote: "I'm so happy that you like your new art! Thank you for appreciating it. You can Google Don Edelman, artist and my stepfather, and find out a little more about him. The word "Ascension" is hand-lettered. Don couldn't find a font that he liked so he invented one. He had a background in commercial art as well as fine art."
Leslie Pool
Mayor Pro Tem
Council Member, District 7