Search found 85 matches

by Kathie Tovo
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:13 pm
Forum: City of Austin Council Message Board
Topic: Item 28 - Pay for Success
Replies: 2
Views: 543

Re: Item 28 - Pay for Success

Dear CM Flannigan: Sorry about the misfire - as I indicated above and in a separate post, I would strongly urge we move forward with this item on tomorrow's agenda -- or postpone to 4/9. I appreciate your post flagging this as an area of concern for you. You likely have already reached out to staff ...
by Kathie Tovo
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:10 pm
Forum: City of Austin Council Message Board
Topic: Item 28 - Pay for Success
Replies: 2
Views: 543

Re: Item 28 - Pay for Success

28. Pay for Success: I see this is still on consent, and I would advocate for us voting on it tomorrow so we can move forward with this critical program. Please see the separate post I will add to respond to CM Flannigan's on this same issue.
by Kathie Tovo
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:09 pm
Forum: City of Austin Council Message Board
Topic: Council Meeting 3.26.20
Replies: 0
Views: 480

Council Meeting 3.26.20

Colleagues: Below are a few additional comments about items 20, 28, 48, 52, 55, on tomorrow's agenda. 20. We are working to clarify with staff why this is being proposed for postponement. I would prefer to see it move forward to provide Neighborhood Housing and Community Development with as many res...
by Kathie Tovo
Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:00 pm
Forum: City of Austin Council Message Board
Topic: Austin Energy Generation Plan
Replies: 2
Views: 554

Austin Energy Generation Plan

Colleagues: As the Chair and Vice Chair of the Austin Energy Utility Oversight Committee, we fully support moving forward with adoption of the Item 2 on Thursday's agenda, the Austin Energy Resource, Generation, and Climate Protection Plan to 2030. The EUC Generation Resource Working Group worked co...
by Kathie Tovo
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:05 pm
Forum: City of Austin Council Message Board
Topic: SXSW Resilience Plan
Replies: 22
Views: 2552

Re: SXSW Resilience Plan

Thank you all for your thoughtful work on this urgent issue. In addition to the stakeholders engaged by Council Members Flannigan and Kitchen, I thought it to be prudent to solicit feedback from organizations that represent workers that are directly or indirectly connected to SXSW, as well as Austin...
by Kathie Tovo
Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:29 am
Forum: City of Austin Council Message Board
Topic: SXSW Resilience Plan
Replies: 22
Views: 2552

Re: SXSW Resilience Plan

CM Flannigan: Thank you for the resolution on this critical topic. CM Kitchen, thank you for your additions. I would like to propose the following amendments to encompass the request from Success by 6. I haven't figured out how to call these out with a color/italics/etc as I'm working hastily to get...
by Kathie Tovo
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:02 pm
Forum: City of Austin Council Message Board
Topic: TOVO LDC Amendments 12/6 12:00 pm
Replies: 5
Views: 1121

TOVO LDC Amendments 12/6 12:00 pm

Dear Colleagues, Although I intend to add to these amendments and may change wording throughout, below are my draft amendments. CM Tovo LDC Direction December 6, 2019 1. Petition Rights Council affirms that property owners have petition rights regarding the proposed rezoning of their properties and ...
by Kathie Tovo
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:24 pm
Forum: City of Austin Council Message Board
Topic: Work Session Scheduling
Replies: 4
Views: 1673

Re: Work Session Scheduling

Dear Colleagues, Thank you for your time, patience, and hard work as we move forward on this issue as a community. As the Council Member who represents a District with multiple emergency shelters and a District home to the most constituents experiencing homelessness, this issue is deeply personal to...
by Kathie Tovo
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:41 pm
Forum: City of Austin Council Message Board
Topic: Camping & Obstruction Ordinance; Homelessness Resolution
Replies: 5
Views: 6255

Re: Camping & Obstruction Ordinance; Homelessness Resolution

On June 20, the Council passed Resolution 20190620-184, signaling to the community that, our City Manager would, among other things, be evaluating the ordinances, and that the Council would potentially place additional limitations on camping, sitting, and lying. [“The City Manager is directed to, as...
by Kathie Tovo
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:46 pm
Forum: City of Austin Council Message Board
Topic: Economic Development Corporation and Local Government Corporation IFCs
Replies: 2
Views: 1302

Economic Development Corporation and Local Government Corporation IFCs

Dear Colleagues: I hope you are having a wonderful July! I wanted to share with you an IFC that I have launched for the August 8th agenda to create an economic development corporation. As you may be aware, in 2017 I sponsored Resolution No. 20170216-040 directing the City Manager to bring forward sp...
by Kathie Tovo
Wed May 01, 2019 4:42 pm
Forum: City of Austin Council Message Board
Topic: Amendments to the LDC Draft for our May 2 meeting
Replies: 9
Views: 5170

Tovo amendments for May 2 LDC meeting

Dear Colleagues, Below are a few additional amendments -- a few amending the proposed base document, at least one amending another proposed amendment. I look forward to the continued dialogue. http://assets.austintexas.gov/austincouncilforum/94-20190501162814.docx Best, Kathie Tovo Council Member Di...
by Kathie Tovo
Wed May 01, 2019 4:11 pm
Forum: City of Austin Council Message Board
Topic: Amendments to the LDC Draft for our May 2 meeting
Replies: 9
Views: 5170

re: amendments related to Downtown

Council Member Casar, Last week we didn't have an opportunity to discuss the amendments you plan to bring forward tomorrow. If you have an opportunity before tomorrow's meeting, could you please explain whether this direction differs from the Downtown Plan and existing zoning, and if so, how? (Or do...
by Kathie Tovo
Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:24 am
Forum: City of Austin Council Message Board
Topic: LDC Direction Policy Direction Document
Replies: 22
Views: 10772

Re: LDC Direction Policy Direction Document

Colleagues: Thank you for the thoughtful and vigorous discussion about these issues. As I look through the most recent versions online, I see much I can support. I'd elaborate, but the hour is late - I'll try to respond to your request to do so in the a.m., Mayor Adler and CM Ellis. I can say that I...
by Kathie Tovo
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:48 pm
Forum: City of Austin Council Message Board
Topic: Proposed Palm District Master Plan
Replies: 0
Views: 3303

Proposed Palm District Master Plan

Colleagues, Over the years and through many discussions with stakeholders regarding the Palm School, the Convention Center, Brush Square, the Emma S. Barrientos Mexican American Cultural Center, Waller Creek, and the Rainey Historic District, it has become apparent that the city would benefit from a...
by Kathie Tovo
Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:00 pm
Forum: City of Austin Council Message Board
Topic: Item #33: Austin Strategic Mobility Plan (ASMP)
Replies: 9
Views: 5742

Re: Item #33: Austin Strategic Mobility Plan (ASMP)

Dear Colleagues, Below are my intended amendments. In the instances where I'm adding language, I've designated that with asterisks. Additional language in the new action item for the ACT Plan (B-58): Rainey Neighborhood New Action Item: Complete the Austin Core Transportation (ACT) Plan, an update t...
by Kathie Tovo
Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:01 pm
Forum: City of Austin Council Message Board
Topic: Re: Council Members to Tornillo on Thursday?
Replies: 7
Views: 6558

Re: Council Members to Tornillo on Thursday?

Colleagues:

I will be joining the delegation and will fly out and back on Thursday.

Best,

Kathie Tovo
Mayor Pro Tem
Council Member District 9
by Kathie Tovo
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:59 pm
Forum: City of Austin Council Message Board
Topic: Proposed outline for Tuesday's discussion (6/5)
Replies: 0
Views: 3584

Proposed outline for Tuesday's discussion (6/5)

Dear Colleagues, Thanks to everyone who contributed topics for discussion and to the Mayor/consultants/staff for compiling many of these into a document with supplemental questions. After reflecting and talking with others some more about how best to begin this process of evaluating Draft 3, I offer...
by Kathie Tovo
Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:39 pm
Forum: City of Austin Council Message Board
Topic: McKalla Lane/MLS Soccer
Replies: 6
Views: 10024

Re: McKalla Lane/MLS Soccer

Colleagues, I have incorporated the amendments above from CM Pool and CM Alter and have added some additional language to address other ideas Council Members raised during Tuesday's work session. I will distribute revised versions of the resolution on the dais tomorrow morning. Best, Kathie Tovo May...
by Kathie Tovo
Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:04 pm
Forum: City of Austin Council Message Board
Topic: McKalla Lane/MLS Soccer
Replies: 6
Views: 10024

Re: McKalla Lane/MLS Soccer

Apologies. My message should read, "I regard Council Member Pool's amendments as friendly . . . "
by Kathie Tovo
Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:50 pm
Forum: City of Austin Council Message Board
Topic: McKalla Lane/MLS Soccer
Replies: 6
Views: 10024

Re: McKalla Lane/MLS Soccer

Colleagues: As I just indicated in the work session, I regard Council Member's amendments as friendly and intend to incorporate them into a revised resolution. Given Council Member Pool's willingness to have us consider this on 3/22 if the amendments are incorporated, I will not move to postpone it ...
by Kathie Tovo
Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:18 pm
Forum: City of Austin Council Message Board
Topic: McKalla Lane/MLS Soccer
Replies: 6
Views: 10024

McKalla Lane/MLS Soccer

Dear Colleagues, In December of 2017, staff distributed a memo noting several city-owned sites that could be considered as potential locations for a major league soccer stadium. Among the possibilities was 10414 McKalla Lane, a property that has required environmental remediation and is currently us...
by Kathie Tovo
Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:24 pm
Forum: City of Austin Council Message Board
Topic: Item 35 on 3/8/18 agenda (AWU rates)
Replies: 1
Views: 3290

Item 35 on 3/8/18 agenda (AWU rates)

Colleagues: On tomorrow's agenda, we're scheduled for a public hearing and possible action on Austin Waster Utility rates. I plan to make an amendment to implement the ammonia surcharge in May 2018 rather than November 2018. Although I missed the submission deadline for the Q/A, I have provided the ...
by Kathie Tovo
Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:34 am
Forum: City of Austin Council Message Board
Topic: Item 28 on 3/8/18 agenda
Replies: 0
Views: 3174

Item 28 on 3/8/18 agenda

Colleagues: Tomorrow, I will be requesting a postponement of item 28, 425 W. Riverside PUD, to the Council meeting of 3/22. This case was reviewed Planning Commission just last week; also, the case involves an elaborate financial component that I need more time to review. My staff has spoken with th...
by Kathie Tovo
Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:44 pm
Forum: City of Austin Council Message Board
Topic: Downtown Puzzle Work Session 9/22?
Replies: 6
Views: 9346

Re: Downtown Puzzle Work Session 9/22?

Mayor, I know we're not scheduled to move forward at this point with the work session that our offices had tentatively scheduled for 9/22 or 9/26; are you still planning on bringing forward the resolution on 9/28? As I mentioned in our discussion at Council, I believe we still has much to talk about...
by Kathie Tovo
Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:10 pm
Forum: City of Austin Council Message Board
Topic: Item 98 on 8/31/17 agenda - Historic Landmark Commission
Replies: 0
Views: 2651

Item 98 on 8/31/17 agenda - Historic Landmark Commission

Colleagues, On Thursday's Council agenda is the public hearing to consider amending requirements related to historic zoning that we initiated last year. Although I would like to see us consider this important proposed change as soon as possible, I am concerned about it moving forward this Thursday g...