Urban Cultural & Music Festival- Fee Waivers

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Natasha Harper-Madison

Urban Cultural & Music Festival- Fee Waivers

Post by Natasha Harper-Madison »

Colleagues,

On March 29th, the annual Urban Cultural & Music Fest- the only R&B festival in the City of Austin will fill Auditorium Shores with music and entertainment.
The festival celebrates and showcases Austin's diverse Afro-centric culture. This year's event will take place during the nationally acclaimed Texas Relays weekend- offering destination visitors and locals alike a rich and unique experience in the heart of our city.
We continue to work with City Staff to create an accessible and inclusive application process, as established with the resolution we passed last month, for fee waivers and city co-sponsorship of events. We are fortunate as the City Council to assist and support these live music and cultural arts events in the interim.
My team and I are excited to be working with team D4 to resolve outstanding fees for the Urban Music Festival. I appreciate Councilmember Vela for his unwavering commitment to Austin and for our shared values for local cultural arts and entertainment. We hope to count on the support of our colleagues to help resolve and waive the fees of approximately $15,440. For reference CM Vela has committed to $1K, I have committed $3K. Thank you all in advance for any contributions you’re able to commit to this incredibly valuable, community asset.

Kindest regards,
NHM
Natasha Harper-Madison
Council Member District 1
Jose Chito Vela

Re: Urban Cultural & Music Festival- Fee Waivers

Post by Jose Chito Vela »

Thank you for your support of arts and culture in our beautiful city, Councilmember Harper-Madison. The Urban Music Fest is a great event well-timed to coincide with the Texas Relays...another great event! I'm happy to support them with a fee waiver and want to ensure that Austin continues to host a diverse mix of cultural events.

Chito
Paige Ellis

Post by Paige Ellis »

CMs Harper-Madison and Vela -

Thank you for taking the lead on fee waivers for the Urban Cultural & Music Fest. I would like to be added as a cosponsor and contribute $500.

Paige Ellis
Paige Ellis
City Council District 8
Vanessa Fuentes

Post by Vanessa Fuentes »

Please count me in for $500. I am happy to support the Urban Cultural & Music Festival.

Vanessa
Council Member, District 2
Jose Velasquez

Post by Jose Velasquez »

CM Harper- Madison and CM Vela,

The Urban Cultural & Music Festival is a great event and I thank you both for leading on this item. Please put me down for $500.

José Velásquez
Council Member, District 3
Leslie Pool

Post by Leslie Pool »

I’m in for $500, too!

Thanks 👍🏻

Leslie
Leslie Pool
Mayor Pro Tem
Council Member, District 7