Council Meeting Schedule 9/21/23

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Colleen Pate

Council Meeting Schedule 9/21/23

Post by Colleen Pate »

Council:
Here is my proposed plan for the Council meeting tomorrow.

We will begin promptly at 10am.

We will hear public testimony on consent items. Speakers will have 2 minutes. We will then vote on the consent agenda with brief remarks from Council. Please let Colleen know if you would like to be recognized to speak on any items on the consent agenda.

After we take up the consent agenda, we will recess the City Council meeting and conduct the AHFC and AHPFC meetings.

Following the AHFC and AHPCF meetings, we will then take up non-consent items including items pulled from consent, and items set for a public hearing. Currently no items have been pulled from consent.

We will hear speakers on Public Hearings and non-Consent items when the item is taken up. Item 99 has been pulled from the consent agenda. We may go into Executive Session on item 99 any vote or consideration. (Please note: if the item is pulled from consent AFTER we’ve started the meeting, public comment on those pulled items will be during the same time we hear from consent speakers).

Speakers will be able to donate time. Time may be donated for up to 4 minutes for 6 minutes total. Speakers wishing to donate time must coordinate with the City Clerk prior to being called. All parties (speakers and donors) must be present in person to be eligible for donation of time.

For non-consent items, the item will be laid out by staff, or the Council Member. Council will have the opportunity for a brief discussion to ask clarifying questions. We will then hear testimony on the item and follow with further Council discussion and vote.

Public Communication will begin at 12pm and we will also have live music. We will not have a formal lunch break. Please be sure that a quorum is present and excuse yourself to take a 10–15-minute lunch break. I will be off the dais at 12pm and the Mayor Pro Tem will preside in my absence.

Please note the Public Hearing item number 80 is set for a TIME CERTAIN at 1:00pm. Those signed up to speak on this item will be called upon at this time.

At 2pm, we will hear from our zoning consent speakers and vote on the zoning consent agenda. Speakers will have 2 minutes.

I anticipate we will have zoning items for discussion. For zoning cases pulled from consent, we will hear a staff presentation followed by a presentation from the applicant (5 minutes) and from the opposition (5 minutes). We will then hear public testimony. The opposition and the applicant will each have 3 minutes for closing remarks. The Council will then discuss and vote.

Thank you,
Kirk

On behalf of Mayor Watson
Chief of Staff, Mayor Watson's Office