August 1st Budget Work Session

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Colleen Pate

August 1st Budget Work Session

Post by Colleen Pate »

Council,

Thank you for a productive Budget Work Session last week. Our next Budget Work Session is scheduled tomorrow, August 1st at 10am.

Here is my proposed plan for the Work Session. We will begin promptly at 10am and hear a presentation on the FY24 Budget. Following the presentation there will be time for questions and discussion.

We will hear public testimony at 3pm and conduct a public hearing on the proposed City of Austin Budget for Fiscal Year 2023-2024.

I’m expecting that we will recess for some period of time after the budget presentation and before 3pm public hearing.

Following public testimony and the public hearing, we will take up items 2 and 3.

Due to state law and our posting requirements, the Budget Work Session on Thursday, August 3rd was posted. We will discuss the need for an additional Work Session at the conclusion of our Work Session tomorrow. If the August 3rd Budget Work Session is not needed, we will cancel.

We have a Budget Work Session also posted for Tuesday, August 8th. I am proposing that we use this work session as a Q & A session to get unanswered Budget questions answered and to hear any additional presentations from staff that may be requested by Council. My thought is that we do not meet on August 3rd so that staff has an extra day to answer questions or prepare to answer. We can discuss all of this tomorrow.

Thanks,
Kirk

Posted on behalf of Mayor Watson
Chief of Staff, Mayor Watson's Office