Bond Proposal Amendment

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Ann Kitchen

Bond Proposal Amendment

Post by Ann Kitchen »

Colleagues,

Below I have linked a proposed approach to address the priorities that several of you raised today at work session including:
- affordable housing
- parks (Guerrero, Trevino)
- pools
- urban trails
- MACC
- creative spaces

This proposal preserves funding for bridge repairs as well as our ability to purchase publicly owned land, all while keeping under the 2 cent increase. I look forward to discussing this further with you all on Thursday.

Amended Resolution: http://assets.austintexas.gov/austincou ... 183846.pdf
Amended Exhibit A: http://assets.austintexas.gov/austincou ... 183915.pdf

Best Regards
Ann Kitchen
City Council D5
Ann Kitchen
Council Member District 5
Greg Casar

Re: Bond Proposal Amendment

Post by Greg Casar »

Thank you, Council Member Kitchen, for posting this. It is a difficult task to balance the very important needs of our community, and I think this package reflects the many priorities we have. I appreciate that this proposal makes an honest attempt to address many of the interests expressed at work session today. I would support this package and would be open to hearing from our colleagues on the message board if there are any minor changes they would like to propose.

I look forward to hearing back from bond counsel regarding our remaining questions. I’m interested in the conversation about which facilities (cultural centers, recreation centers, health centers, etc.) can or should be in one or multiple propositions.

-Greg
Gregorio "Greg" Casar
Council Member District 4
Delia Garza

Post by Delia Garza »

I am generally okay with this proposal, I just want to make sure the additional funding to the cultural centers bucket is for the MACC. Yesterday I voiced support for additional funding for the MACC and several council members agreed with that yesterday. I'm also very supportive of the Dove Springs Health Center of course and want to make sure if that if placed in a bucket with any other initiatives, it remains funded at the same level and does not end up sharing its funding.
Mayor Pro Tem, District 2
Ann Kitchen

Post by Ann Kitchen »

Colleagues,

I have updated the proposed language (links below) with minor changes to reflect additional information provided by our legal staff. I look forward to our discussion tomorrow.

Amended Resolution v2: http://assets.austintexas.gov/austincou ... 183822.pdf
Amended Exhibit A v2: http://assets.austintexas.gov/austincou ... 183852.pdf

Best Regards
Ann Kitchen
City Council D5
Ann Kitchen
Council Member District 5
Steve Adler

Post by Steve Adler »

Colleagues,
Thank you for posting your suggested amendments in advance of today's meeting.

Council Member Kitchen's proposal is very close for me, but I may offer or support some minor tweaks.
Mayor
Leslie Pool

Post by Leslie Pool »

CM Kitchen, between your proposal and CM Houston's I feel certain that we'll be able to craft a solid bond proposal to take to our residents in November. My sincere thanks to both of you (and your amazing staffers!) and the City Manager for all of the very hard work that's gone into this item. My thanks and appreciation also goes out to the BEATF and the community groups who have gone to work to surface good projects for our consideration today.

Thanks to all,

Leslie
Leslie Pool
Mayor Pro Tem
Council Member, District 7
David Chincanchan

Post by David Chincanchan »

From Council Member Renteria:

Council Member Kitchen,

Thank you for suggesting these constructive amendments. Like our colleagues here, I am supportive of many of your additions. Specifically, I want to reinforce my wholehearted support for an affordable housing bond of $300 million (or at the very least $250 million) to help us take on the affordable housing crisis in our communities. I’m looking forward to working with you and the rest of Council to create a bond proposal that prioritizes our highest needs and serves all of Austin.

Thank you,

Pio
Chief of Staff
Office of Council Member Sabino "Pio" Renteria, District 3