Item 17 Amendments

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Greg Casar

Item 17 Amendments

Post by Greg Casar »

Colleagues,

Thank you for your input on Item 17 at this morning’s work session. Below I've posted two small amendments. The amendment in the first Be It Resolved is intended to address CM Alter's concern. The amendment in the second Be It Resolved is intended to address CM Flannigan's concern. The changes are in capital letters below.

BE IT RESOLVED BY THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF AUSTIN:
The City Manager is directed to ensure that all City employees, including part-time, temporary, and seasonal employees, have access to earned sick days at a minimum in the manner or amounts required in Ordinance No. 20180215-049 by October 1, 2018, and to include any necessary ADDITIONAL funding to achieve this goal in the proposed FY 2018- 2019 budget.

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED:
The City Manager is directed to repurpose unexpended funds, WHICH WERE ALLOCATED BY COUNCIL BUDGET RIDER FOR PAID SICK LEAVE PURPOSES, in the FY2017-2018 budget to ensure adequate outreach, education, and consulting assistance to inform the public and assist businesses, particularly small businesses, to prepare for implementation of Ordinance No. 20180215-049.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I intend to offer this item with these changes on consent on Thursday.

Thank you,
Greg
Gregorio "Greg" Casar
Council Member District 4