CodeNEXT Council Worksessions

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Steve Adler

CodeNEXT Council Worksessions

Post by Steve Adler »

Colleagues,

Before Council adjourned for its July break, we discussed resuming our weekly CodeNEXT discussions in August. However, given the number of regular Council meetings and budget meetings this month, Mayor Pro Tem Tovo and I agreed it would be best to begin those meetings again in September. This re-scheduling will also allow our CodeNEXT staff and consultants to devote more of their time to processing the voluminous feedback received on the first draft of the new land development code and zoning map, and to make the substantial changes to the drafts necessary to reflect that feedback. The Mayor Pro Tem and I will post an update within the next few weeks with a proposed schedule for the September discussions.

I know we all look forward to seeing the second drafts of the code text and maps, which should represent improvement on the first drafts, but will still require the council and community to continue working with our staff and consultants to make subsequent drafts even better.
Mayor