Intergovernmental Appointments

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Steve Adler

Intergovernmental Appointments

Post by Steve Adler »

Council Colleagues:

As we rapidly approach the year’s first meeting, we must consider appointments to intergovernmental bodies to fill vacancies and to accommodate council members.

Here are the current vacancies and proposed appointments:

CAMPO: 2
CM Garza has indicated she would prefer to transition off of the board, so there would be two vacancies. I would nominate CMs Alter and Flannigan to fill them.

CAPCOG Clean Air Coalition: 1
CM Flannigan

Clean Air Force:
CM Alter

TX Colorado River Floodplain Coalition:
CM Alter

Pecan Street Project:
CM Flannigan

The CAPCOG Executive Committee appointment is a one year term up again this year, so I propose re-appointing CM Troxclair.
Mayor
Leslie Pool

Re: Intergovernmental Appointments

Post by Leslie Pool »

Mayor, I would like to continue my service as co-chair, Balcones Canyonlands Coordinating Committee, and trustee, City of Austin Employees Retirement System. I will step aside from the Hate Crimes Task Force to allow another CM to pick up that assignment. Thanks.

Leslie
Leslie Pool
Mayor Pro Tem
Council Member, District 7
Ellen Troxclair

Post by Ellen Troxclair »

Mayor,

Thanks for posting. I would be willing to have another member take over my post on the City of Austin/AISD Board/Travis County Joint Committee. Additionally, as we've discussed, I would like to serve on CAMPO. If your current suggestions don't end up being the best fit for those members, I think I could add valuable perspective considering the large number of upcoming projects that will directly impact SW Austin. Thanks!
Ellen Troxclair
Council Member District 8
Jimmy Flannigan

Post by Jimmy Flannigan »

I'm excited for the opportunity to serve on CAMPO and hope that such an appointment will be confirmed. As I've told several of my colleagues before, I feel District 6 is uniquely positioned to represent the intersection of Austin and regional issues I am willing and ready to serve in that capacity.
Jimmy Flannigan
Council Member, District 6