additional topics for CodeNEXT work sessions

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Leslie Pool

additional topics for CodeNEXT work sessions

Post by Leslie Pool »

Colleagues:
I’d like to add a few topics to the CodeNEXT work sessions.

1. Open Space
Changes from present code; new definitions and design models; relationship between “Open,” “Common,” and “Civic” space; applicability of Open Space related to parkland dedication requirements.

2. Watershed Protection Department:
· Flood Modeling
We will need a presentation from our Watershed Protection Department again near the end of October to review the new flood models they are
running and any potential changes to their CodeNEXT recommendations.

· Functional Green/Green Infrastructure
We will need a presentation from WPD on Functional Green presentation when our staff are finished with the details for Draft 2. I would just like us
to have these Watershed Protection Department topics on our list of work session

3. 3D Modeling for Draft 2
There was a bit of 3D modeling on the compatibility slides presented by Opticos, but we should have a closer look at modeling for the new zoning
categories.

4. Communications Strategy for CodeNEXT
We should have an update from our staff on their current communications outreach efforts and plans for the next six months.

My thanks to our professional staff and the consultants for providing the additional layers of information that are so important to our combined efforts.

Best,

Leslie
Leslie Pool
Mayor Pro Tem
Council Member, District 7