September CodeNEXT Council Discussions

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Steve Adler

September CodeNEXT Council Discussions

Post by Steve Adler »

Thank you, Mayor Pro Tem Tovo, for getting this conversation going again. I understand CodeNEXT staff and consultants are available on September 6th and can provide us and the public with a preview of some of the significant changes we should expect to see in the second drafts of the land development code and zoning maps. I propose to allow them to present to us the first 30 - 45 minutes of our special-called meeting on September 6th, and allow another 30 minutes for Q&A from the council. We could then use the remaining time to coverfor discussion, including covering the first of the topics you laid out in your previous post as shown below.

I also believe we would benefit from hearing from the CodeNEXT staff and consultants shortly after the release of the second draft code and maps, and am believe they are available to meet with us on September 20th. Staff would need another 30-45 minutes to roll out the new drafts, and we could set aside another 30 minutesuse the remaining time for questions before coveringdiscussion of the remaining topics from your posts. as shown below.
As the community reviews the 2nd drafts, we will no doubt be presented with new questions and issues to discuss. I further suggest we reserve September 27 for another CodeNEXT discussion, the agenda for which we could discuss during our September 20 meeting.

I propose the following schedule:

Wednesday, September 6
9:30-12:00
• Staff Preview of 2nd draft
• Process for map revision
• Process and timeline for community/commission outreach for 2nd Drafts
• Watershed changes
• Process and Procedure

Wednesday, September 20
1:30 – 4:00
• Staff Presentation of 2nd Draft
• Watershed changes (if not covered Sept 6)
• Process and Procedure (if not covered Sept 6)

Wednesday, September 27
1:30 – 4:00
• Discussion of 2nd Draft issues

Councilmembers, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about the proposed schedule. Councilmember Alter earlier expressed her preference to meet on September 7th of next week, however September 6th is our best window to have our staff and consultants in attendance, and I hope she is able to join us at that time.

s
Mayor