Amendments to Items 51 and 55 for 8/17/17 Agenda

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Greg Casar

Amendments to Items 51 and 55 for 8/17/17 Agenda

Post by Greg Casar »

Colleagues,

Please see below for my proposed amendment language that I mentioned during Work Session for Item 51 and Item 55. The new language is contained within brackets. I hope these are considered friendly and can be passed on Consent.

Thanks,
Greg

ITEM 51:
{BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED:
The City Council directs the City Manager to identify additional hurdles to cooperative housing development in the City, to provide recommendations to reduce identified hurdles, and to create incentives for these types of developments. Recommendations may include, but are not limited to, code amendments, training & education, or new funding opportunities.}

ITEM 55:
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED:
The City Council requests that the Study include sections related to study and data analysis, mapping of vulnerable neighborhoods, and policy tool recommendations; {that the Study focus on factors, including, but not limited to, race, class, and age, when evaluating the risk of displacement and the degree of harm suffered from displacement;} and that the Study be completed on or before August 31, 2018. The City Council also requests a mid-Study report in January, 2018. The City Council requests that the maximum amount of funds dedicated to the Study be $62,000.
Gregorio "Greg" Casar
Council Member District 4