Press Conference on May 16th regarding SB4

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Greg Casar

Press Conference on May 16th regarding SB4

Post by Greg Casar »

Colleagues:

I'd like to invite you to a press conference on Tuesday May 16th from 12:15pm-1pm on the South Steps of the State Capitol.

The press conference will be to announce the plans of City Council Members, State Legislators, and County Commissioners from across Texas to litigate to stop Senate Bill 4, alongside community groups.

Accordingly, for Thursday's Council agenda, I've sponsored alongside CMs Garza, Flannigan, and Kitchen, a resolution to pursue appropriate legal action against the State to stop Senate Bill 4 (Item 45). Although we are being sued by the Attorney General, this resolution asks for the City attorney to not only defend against that suit, but to take all action necessary to bring relief to the people of Austin and Texas from SB4.

If you support the resolution, I hope you'll consider attending the press event. The press conference has been publicly posted as an open meeting so that a quorum of Council Members can attend.

Yours
Greg
Gregorio "Greg" Casar
Council Member District 4