May 11 Council Meeting

Only City Council members and authorized staff are allowed to post on this message board.
Steve Adler

May 11 Council Meeting

Post by Steve Adler »

Colleagues:

Yesterday in work session, we discussed whether or not to cancel next week's City Council meeting. I would like to get a sense from you all on whether there are pressing or time sensitive items we need to vote on next week.

We would continue with Tuesday's work session either way, since there are scheduled briefings and discussions we need to have. I also know there is a luncheon several of us are scheduled to attend, so we'll plan to break at 11:45 on Tuesday.

Please share any feedback you might have.

Thank you...
Mayor
Greg Casar

Re: May 11 Council Meeting

Post by Greg Casar »

Mayor and colleagues:

I have no time sensitive items, and if it is possible, I would prefer that we cancel the Thursday Council meeting, given how few items are on the agenda.

GC
Gregorio "Greg" Casar
Council Member District 4
Ellen Troxclair

Post by Ellen Troxclair »

Colleagues,

I would also support cancelling the meeting. I have no time sensitive issues.

Thanks
Ellen Troxclair
Council Member District 8
Ann Kitchen

Post by Ann Kitchen »

I would prefer to keep the May 11th meeting, because I generally prefer shorter meetings rather than adding these items to another meeting.

With that said, I do not have any time sensitive items for May 11th

Ann Kitchen
City Council D5
Ann Kitchen
Council Member District 5
Steve Adler

Post by Steve Adler »

As we discussed on the dais, we do have some work to do at the May 11 Council meeting because of the way some of the items on our agenda were noticed to the public, but it's probably not a full day's work. So the way I see it, we have two choices:

1. Start the meeting sometime in the afternoon (2 or 3:00pm) in order to accommodate the public hearings.
2. Have just a quorum of Council present in order to officially postpone the items.

Please weigh in with your preference so we can make a decision by tomorrow at noon.

Thank you...
Mayor
Jimmy Flannigan

Post by Jimmy Flannigan »

I'm in favor of having just a quorum to postpone the necessary items. If we do any more than that, I think we should just have the full meeting. I'm happy to be here as part of the quorum.
Jimmy Flannigan
Council Member, District 6
Steve Adler

Post by Steve Adler »

Ok everyone, thanks for your patience.

After talking the the City Manager's office and the agenda office, let's proceed with an abbreviated Council meeting next week on Thursday starting at 2:00. Because there are a few items that have been noticed to the public and posted for 2:00, we can keep that continuity. The clerk is working to reschedule the ceremonial functions for future meetings.

We will have our regular work session on Tuesday, with the aforementioned lunch break starting at 11:45. And then Thursday's Council meeting will run from 2:00 pm to approximately 5:00 pm depending on what we are able to work through.

Thank you and have a great weekend.
Mayor